Life with Pugs

Friday, July 25, 2008

Business Travel Woes

Well, I wish I could say my first official business traveling went off without a hitch, but what fun would that be? I am currently sitting in the parking garage of Denver International Airport waiting for security because I came out to a dead battery. Thank goodness for laptops and wireless cards!

I took a pair of black slacks in last week to be altered for my trip this week. I fully intended to pick them up on Saturday so they would be ready for my trip, but I completely forgot. Of course, they aren't open on Sunday, so I elected to pick them up Monday morning before going to the airport. That was pretty stressful, because the tailor is about 30 minutes from our house in the opposite direction of the airport. But it worked out very nicely and traffic played nice to help me out!

When I was ready to leave on Monday morning, I couldn't find my car keys anywhere. Mind you, we have two sets, but I could not find either one. I called Jason in a panic and luckily found one set and headed out of our house in a tizzy. Of course that night, I found the second set--where else?--in my purse with the others.

Jason called me on in New Jersey Monday night to ask me if I needed the toiletries he found in the bathroom when he got home from work that afternoon. Of course! I had them all nicely packed and ready to go--and forgot to take them! I had a major melt down, because I use VERY specific products on this curly hair, and it can quickly become a mess, especially in humid climates (which NJ is). Everything worked out okay, but it wasn't an ideal situation. At least they had a toothbrush for me in the hotel.

So I went the next day to pick up some shampoo and conditioner at CVS. I am carrying it around the store, finding a few other things, and it proceeds to squirt green goop all over my nice suit jacket. Blech! It wiped off pretty well, and the day was almost over, so I was able to go back to the hotel and change.

Too much excitement for me! I hope I get better at this business travel stuff!

1 Comments:

  • Hope things get better! I'll be praying for you.
    Hugs, kisses & love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home