Life with Pugs

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Back from the Vet


We (the pugs and I) just got back from their annual check up and boosters at the vet. Teeth problems seemed to be the problem today. Oscar had a loose tooth that had to be pulled (without anesthesia--what a tough guy!), but Daisy has to go in next week for a full-blown cleaning and probably extraction, too. She has some pretty icky teeth! I am already really nervous about putting her under anesthesia, but as Jason reminded me, she did okay with anesthesia when she was spayed. I am going to try and not worry throughout the next week. She goes in next Thursday, so your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated! The vet reassured me that this is a very routine procedure, but I have just heard too many horror stories about pugs having trouble with anesthesia. But the positive side is that her HORRIBLE breath should be better afterwards!

7 Comments:

  • Poor Daisy & Oscar! Be sure and let us know how little Daisy does. Do you have to leave her all day Thursday?
    If they lived out here with Chica and Dommie they could clean their teeth on turtle shells and armadillos! Yuk!! (beats skunks though)

    By Blogger Mom4Him, at 12:31 PM  

  • I am sure that she will do just fine - I too worried about the effects of anestesia on pugs, but all of the pugs that I know have done remarkably well. Try not to worry!
    We will be thinking of you!
    Jemima Jones Beck's Mom:
    Rachele

    By Blogger Jemima Jones Beck, at 1:35 PM  

  • awww...Did the Tooth fairy come for Oscar? what a Tough Man he was to have a tooth pulled! I am sure Daisy will do just fine, Like Jason mentioned about her coming out of it when she got spayed. I understand tho....when Belle had her surgery in Jan. I panicked. Then she will go under again tomorrow morning for her nose surgery...GAH!

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 7:07 PM  

  • Hello all - we tagged you for a meme and blog award!! Check out our blog for your instructions. Have a great weekend!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:37 AM  

  • I can understand your worry but I'm sure she will be just fine and probably feel better after it's all over!

    By Blogger Mrs.D, at 1:22 PM  

  • I hope you don't mind, but I have added you to my blogroll. I love your blog, so interesting!

    By Blogger ♥B, at 5:10 PM  

  • I can totally relate to fear of anesthesia. I had Winston scheduled for a teeth cleaning a couple of months ago and totally chickened out and canceled it. BUT, he has been rescheduled for next month 'cause he has some dirty teeth!! I'm sure Daisy will be great...the vet assured me that they have really improved anesthesia for flat nosed breeds.

    By Blogger Page, at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home