Life with Pugs

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

On To a New Chapter

Well, I am finished with my old job. Yesterday was actually my last day, and I went in today for my going away party. It was really touching--we had lunch and cake, and they even gave me gifts! I was totally blown away by that--it was so sweet! I have been blessed over the past 4 years to work with great girls whom (is it who or whom, Sharla?!) I can also call friends. They are incredible professionals who are so knowledeable about the field of diabetes and have taught me so much. I truly wouldn't be where I am today without them.

I am taking the next few days off and starting the new job on Monday. I am scared and excited all at the same time. I will keep you posted on how things go!

While I am off the next few days, I plan to do some scrapbooking, playing with pugs, reading, napping, and we are headed to Water World on Friday! I know it will go fast, but it should be a fun few days off!

6 Comments:

  • Leah,
    Congrats on starting a new chapter! I know it can seem daunting but you will do great! We all know it...you are very passionate about what you do, it comes through your comments. Enjoy your days off - relax and do what you want to! Can't wait to see pics of your scrapbooking and pugs activities and hear all about your first day at the new job! Remember just keep swimming...just keep swimming...:)

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:21 PM  

  • Have fun and try to relax a little. Don't clean house!!
    Have a great week and fun at the waterpark!
    hugs & kisses@

    By Blogger Mom4Him, at 9:44 PM  

  • Congratulations! We should do lunch one of these days, since you're off!

    (And it's "whom." Since they are the object of your sentence. You call them.)

    Grammar nerd out.

    By Blogger Princess in Galoshes, at 9:44 PM  

  • Have fun on your mini vacation and good luck with the new job.

    By Blogger Magnolia Sun, at 4:23 PM  

  • Leah--thanks for dropping by my blog!!! I just love all this new technology that keeps everyone in touch!!!!

    Good luck with your new job. And your dogs are so cute!! Aren't dogs just the greatest gift??

    It is so wonderful to see you so happy!! I will visit your page often!!!
    Much love--Angie

    By Blogger Angie, at 5:42 PM  

  • I am so excited for you for this new job! Please tell us about it from time to time. that is wonderful that your old job loved you so much to have a going away party.

    By Blogger AM, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home