Life with Pugs

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Abilene Fun!

Okay, so I was really bad and hardly took any pictures while I was at camp. The week was so busy and so intense that I didn't really think about taking pictures.

This is my favorite barbecue place ever. It is just a few miles from the ACU campus, and Jason and I went here frequently during college. We love it so much that we even had our rehearsal dinner here! It is SOOOO YUMMY, but while I was in Texas, I heard the rumor that Harold is retiring and will be closing the restaurant. So sad. :(

The yummy goodness!
When I graduated, I made a donation to ACU and got my name on a brick! This was the first time I had actually seen it.

They have made so many upgrades to campus since I graduated. This is a beautiful sculpture near the front of campus depicting Jacob's dream. It is really amazing--I didn't have much time to spent there, so I didn't really get many pictures!

6 Comments:

  • Barbeque . . . yummm! Pretty cool that there is a brick with your name on it!

    By Blogger Frances Louise, at 1:23 PM  

  • That bbq looks so good.

    By Blogger Magnolia Sun, at 4:51 PM  

  • That looks delicious... you're making me hungry!

    I haven't seen that sculpture in person, either, but it looks amazing!

    By Blogger gayle, at 7:55 PM  

  • welcome back! my alma mater is starting a brick program like that!

    By Blogger AM, at 9:22 PM  

  • That BBQ looks so very good!

    By Blogger ♥B, at 5:08 PM  

  • Well, toot, why do these good old BBQ places have to close? I sure wish someone could take them over to keep the tradition going. Is it real wood-smoked BBQ?

    By Blogger Sandy, at 5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home