Life with Pugs

Friday, May 30, 2008

San Francisco Favorites

Many people have asked me what my favorite part of San Francisco was, and honestly, I cannot pick out one thing to call my favorite. I loved it all. Seriously. From the time we got off the plane until we left again, I loved it. Okay, there was a brief time on the bus as we drove through the rough part of town that I didn't love, and I wasn't terribly crazy about the people on the streets asking for money, but you get that in any large city. But I loved everything else. When we first arrived in SF and stepped out of the airport, I could feel the cool breeze and it was so refreshing, so different from the air in Denver. I loved being close to the water, I loved taking public transportation everywhere, I loved the beautiful flowers and plants everywhere, I loved walking up the hills, I love seeing all the quintessential San Francisco sites, I loved the different cultures represented, I LOVED IT ALL (can you tell?).

Jason and I even had a brief conversation while we were there about what it would take to live in San Francisco (but that conversation was short-lived, as we realized we would have to sell our souls and be forever in debt to live there) because we loved it so much. I am not sure if the love-fest would continue if we actually did live there, but we sure loved visiting.

But if I HAVE to pick my favorites, they would be:
Cliff House (not so much the house, but the beach and the view)
North Beach
Lombard Street
Alcatraz
Japanese Tea Gardens

I hope we get the opportunity to visit San Francisco again someday. We loved it!

3 Comments:

  • those of us in houston laugh at you talking about how much nicer the weather is in SF than denver :) and being near the water (this water) means muggy! and scary to think that there's more expensive places to live than colorado!
    glad you had fun! it's on my list!

    By Blogger Greg and Bobbie, at 9:20 AM  

  • Hey, Leah -

    I just got caught up with your three days in San Francisco reading all about where you went and seeing all of the pictures and it looks like it was really neat! I really enjoyed the "tour" and felt a little bit like I'd been there myself in reading your account of it.

    When we were planning what turned out to be our ill fated "dream" vacation back in the fall of 2006, a lot of people told us that the place we really needed to go, more than anywhere else, was San Francisco. We considered it, but decided for the two of us (with all of my health problems and all) it would be way too much in every way.

    So, we settled on going to New Mexico (to Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos) and southern Colorado, which proved to be my undoing, anyway, because of the altitude! If you remember, I ended up in Durango, Colorado in ICU for four days with extreme altitude sickness!

    I guess from now on we're going to have to stay closer to sea level, like we are here in south Mississippi. Tom had wanted to go to Key West or somewhere in south Florida on a house boat, and I guess "next time" I'll have to listen to him!

    Cheers & Blessings to you all today!

    Dee

    P. S. I have to laugh, too, about you talking about the differences in weather in Denver and San Francisco while sweltering here in the hot humid weather!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

  • Those are my fav places, too. I loved North Beach and also Chinatown. Just the...atmosphere about the place. Something in the air. Magical.

    By Blogger Nevis, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home