Life with Pugs

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

San Francisco Fun Day #1

To celebrate our 5 year anniversary, we decided to spend the weekend in SF. We left Denver Friday around 11:30 in the morning, after dropping the pugs off at Moxie's house. Once we arrived in SF, we took the BART to downtown SF and walked to our hotel. We stayed at the Intercontinental San Francisco at 5th Street and Howard (found a great deal online!) which just opened in Febrary and was amazing! We were on the 22nd floor in a corner room, so two of our walls were floor to ceiling windows!
We were too excited to sit around, so we headed to catch the cable car, located just a few blocks from our hotel. The line was LONG and the car was CROWDED, but it's something you have to do in SF! We went first to Fisherman's Wharf, where we stopped at one of the seafood stands. I had a crab sandwich, and Jason had fish and chips. Yum! We were so excited, though, that I forgot to take a picture! We then went to Ghirardelli Square--Jason had the World Famous Chocolate Sundae, and I had a brownie sundae. On our way to the chocolate shop, we passed the Keane Eyes Gallery, and we HAD to stop in! Moxie's mom has a pug print from the gallery, and it is beautiful! Unfortunately the painting I wanted was $22,000, which just wasn't in the budget. But check out the website--the artist paint things with big eyes and has several pug pieces. My favorite was the fawn momma pug with the black and fawn babies on the gold background.
After Ghirardelli Square, we headed to Lombard Street, "the crookedest street in the world" (pictured in earlier post), which was one of my favorite things in SF! Because we used public transportation while we were there, we didn't get to drive down the street, but we did start at the top and take the stairs down. The landscaping was AMAZING (beautiful hydrangeas growing all along the street) and beautiful red brick paving. You just don't see things like that in Denver!

After Lombard Street, we headed back to Fisherman's Wharf. We walked up Pier 39 and looked through some shops and visited the sealions. They were so funny! We then took the bus back to the hotel and had an evening snack of wine and cheese before we called it a night!

Jason having fun on the cable car

My sundae! I can't believe I am saying this, but it was almost too chocolatey for me (the brownie part especially). I could only eat half, and Jason finished it off for me (after devouring his own!).

Those crazy sealions--they were so entertaining!

7 Comments:

  • Wow! Those seal lions totally freak me out - one of the first posts that I ever did on my blog was about the sea lions in New Port Oregon trying to eat me!
    Sounds like you had a great time! Super fun!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck
    PS: that guy behind Jason in the second picture looks like he is about to sneeze! How funny!

    By Blogger Jemima Jones Beck, at 8:19 PM  

  • Oh what fun! I too have been to San Francisco. I love the sea lions. They're kind of loud and smelly, but who can resist those fat little butts of theirs?

    By Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone, at 7:15 AM  

  • That's a lot of sea lions! I hear they smell... Can't wait to see more!

    By Blogger Christine & Giggs, at 12:07 PM  

  • Sounds like so much fun, that street is amazing and so is the chocolate.

    By Blogger Magnolia Sun, at 1:52 PM  

  • That dessert looks so amazing. I am a bit dissapointed in you for not being able to finish your dessert! ;)

    By Blogger AM, at 3:16 PM  

  • Oh my...I love all the pictures. You two did so much in a short time! That city is so nice to visit. I didn't walk across the bridge like you did, but if I ever make it back, I'd like to try it. I love the weather there...chilly in the summertime! Did you make it to alcatraz? I bet y'all will go back??

    By Blogger Sandy, at 1:10 PM  

  • Aren't the sealions crazy? Kinda stinky, though!

    By Blogger Nevis, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home