Life with Pugs

Friday, May 16, 2008

Questions Answered, Part 2

Dwayne asked:
"Do you think you'll ever end up living in Oregon...maybe Salem, Oregon, but I might be asking a bit much?" Funny, that is actually something we have discussed. I wouldn't count on it (Jason loves living in the big city, and I don't think Salem is big enough for him) but it would be very exciting to work with you guys!
"Oh, and do you ever wonder if your pugs would prefer to go through life naked rather than in the clothes you dress them in?" I am pretty sure that Daisy and Oscar LOVE dressing up in clothes, especially Oscar.

Page asked:
"How did you become interested in pugs? How did you get Oscar and Daisy?" It's funny, I am not sure what sparked my interest in pugs. I guess I just thought they were super cute, plus I heard they were good apartment dogs, and we were in an apartment at the time. We had Daisy first--we looked for a pug locally, and when we didn't find what we wanted, we almost purchased a pug online to have flown to Denver. Thankfully, just before we made our decision to do that, we looked at the ads in the paper and found the ad for Daisy. We rushed over and met Daisy, her sisters and her mom. We were the first people there, so we got to choose first, and thankfully we were fast, because as we were standing there, others came and all the puppies were spoken for quickly! After we had Daisy for almost a year, I started wanting a buddy for her. Jason wasn't interested in a puppy, so we put our name on the pug list at the Dumb Friends League. I checked their website every day for a pug. One day I checked in the morning like usual, no pugs. I just happened to check the website around lunchtime, which I did not usually do, and there was Oscar! Thankfully, I had a slow afternoon at work, so I rushed home to pick up Daisy and headed to the shelter. We met Oscar, and everyone got along, so he was ours! We had to leave him overnight to be neutered, so I went back the next day to pick him up. Poor thing was sick with kennel cough, and he was pretty sick for several days. He seemed so sad and confused for the first few weeks, but he quickly became a part of our family. I can't imagine life without him!

Stay tuned for more answers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home