Life with Pugs

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Furry Scurry Fun

This last Saturday was the annual Furry Scurry, a huge fundraiser for the Denver Dumb Friends League (where we adopted Oscar!). This event is a 2 mile walk held in Denver's Wash Park. This year, there were more than 10,000 participants, and over $800,000 was raised!

Jason and I both planned to go, but he came down with a nasty case of food poisoning. I was really nervous about taking all 3 pugs, but I couldn't bring myself to leave anyone home, so I loaded them all up and off we went! We met my friend Andrea and her parents' basset hound, Molly. It was really crowded, but we had a GREAT time!
We're ready to get out of the car!
And they're off! There was quite a lot of pulling and racing to be in front, but overall they were incredibly good (much better than I would have ever imagined).

It was a great morning, and I am glad we could participate in fundraising for such an important cause!

8 Comments:

  • That looks so fun!

    By Blogger Erin Ward, at 7:30 AM  

  • Awesome! I have a hard enough time controlling two (they tend to rile each other up, don't they!?). But what an awesome cause. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    Is the hubby better, now?

    By Blogger Nevis, at 8:20 AM  

  • Fun! I, too, get nervous bringing just my two out on a leash as they get SO HYPER, but never have the heart to leave one of them at home. Glad you had a good time.

    By Blogger Page, at 8:53 AM  

  • Fun! I, too, get nervous bringing just my two out on a leash as they get SO HYPER, but never have the heart to leave one of them at home. Glad you had a good time.

    By Blogger Page, at 8:53 AM  

  • Wow! If only you had had some roller blades I bet that you wouldn't have even had to walk!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck

    By Blogger Jemima Jones Beck, at 1:02 PM  

  • You are so good to bring all three. I've done three but never did do all four by myself.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 9:26 AM  

  • hi leah!
    oh look at your little herd of pugs! they are so cute! i am so glad you had a great time!
    :) m

    By Blogger Archie and Melissa, at 7:39 PM  

  • I would have a hard time leaving one out also. So usually if I go by myself I leave two out so one doesn't have to stay home by themself. I tried 3 once, a trip to the vet .... never again. Got their leashes all tangled around me I almost toppled a time or two.

    What a great cause!

    By Blogger Paula, at 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home