Life with Pugs

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Harry Potter

*******SPOILER ALERT--DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HARRY POTTER SERIES*******************************

So I am a little behind the times and am just now working my way through the Harry Potter series. I LOVE them--they are so creative and imaginative. I have actually been listening to them on CD to and from work, which makes the drive much more bearable (okay, it really isn't that bad to begin with, but it's more fun with Harry).

BUT. Tonight I am not happy with JK Rowling. Not happy at all. I am in book 6 and Dumbledore just died. I CANNOT believe it. I am in shock, I am horrified. JK, how can you do this to us, your loyal readers and HP fans?! The injustice. And killed by Snape?! Auuuuuuggggh!

My brother tells me book 7 is worse, that he has friends who sobbed through the entire book. I don't think I can handle it. I like happy stories. I know, it has a happy ending. But surely there was a better way. Blech.

On another note, tonight I went to a drug dinner and wore my new dress (see below). The waiter was making his rounds with more wine and said to me "If I were a cross dresser, I would wear that dress. I love it!" Is that a compliment or should I be worried?

5 Comments:

  • Girl - you got to read those books! I loved the HP series! You feel bitter about some things, but the end is worth it.

    As for the comment - totally compliment!

    By Blogger Manda Girl, at 6:44 AM  

  • Oooh, that's a TOTAL compliment! Go with it. :-)

    As for HP, keep going. You're in too deep now, anyway. ;-)

    By Blogger Princess in Galoshes, at 8:53 AM  

  • I'm a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE fan (actually dressed up like HP for Halloween last year). And yes, it is terrible when Dumbledore died...by Snape! Just wait...wait until you listen (read) #7. I think I cried the entire time. SOOO fabulous, though.

    By Blogger Nevis, at 8:59 AM  

  • I agree with Princess--totally a compliment!!!

    By Blogger gayle, at 10:02 AM  

  • I think what he meant was "If I was a girl..." It was a total compliment just said really weird.

    By Blogger Page, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home