Life with Pugs

Monday, April 21, 2008

Ladies Tea

This past Saturday we had our annual Ladies Tea at church. I was a table hostess (even though I swore last year I wasn't going to do anything this year but attend--but I am a sucker who can't say no) and had a wonderful time. I went with a black, white and red theme and was very excited to find everything I needed for very cheap! Like I said before, I LOVE a good deal!

This picture does not do the roses justice--I purchased them at Sam's, and they are beautiful! I received so many compliments on them Saturday. I also used my china, which was fun because I rarely use it. I did decide, though, that I need to start using it more often. That's what it's for, after all!

Black tablecloth: $9.99 on clearance at Bed, Bath, Beyond

White cloth napkins: $4.00 for all 8! at Tuesday morning

Vase: $4.99 at Ross

I did enjoy decorating and hostessing my table--but I still want to just go and enjoy myself one year!

5 Comments:

  • Looks like those fcs classes paid off! :) Your table is beautiful!

    By Blogger emily anna, at 7:40 AM  

  • How awesome! The church I used to go to does a big Christmas dinner every year, and women pull out all the stops decorating their tables. I think that is such a fun idea, and what woman doesn't want to spend an afternoon feeling fancy. Great job, Leah!!

    By Blogger gayle, at 8:17 AM  

  • YOur table looks awesome! Isnt this what Sandy is going to be doing this fall? I think I remember you saying yall go to the same denomination of church. I guess this is something they all do?

    By Blogger AM, at 12:06 PM  

  • Nice job with those tables -- looks professionally done!

    By Blogger Frances Louise, at 3:24 PM  

  • Your table looks GREAT! You did find great deals on the things you needed. I love your dress. You don't look short, but your door looks like it's 12 feet tall! For our ladies day, we have to use plastic tablecloths..that is a bummer because I think the real material is so much prettier.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home