Life with Pugs

Friday, April 04, 2008

Update


Thank you all for your concern regarding my sweet little Daisy. We just returned from the vet, and something is amiss. They did bloodwork and a urinalysis. The urinalysis showed large amounts of protein in her urine and the pH was pretty high. There was a little bacteria in her urine but her white blood cells weren't elevated, which the vet felt meant that it isn't an infection. He started amoxicillan, though, just in case. He said it could be something with her liver or something metabolic, and her blood work should show that. He may be able to get the results from her blood work this evening. So that's what we know! Poor little girl, she was so nervous at the vet! I will let you know when we find out anything else. Thanks for thinking of us!

6 Comments:

  • Gosh, I missed the first notice of this. SO glad you noticed her weight loss and thought to be concerned. Mine could loose weight, lots, and be fine, but your Daisy is petite.

    Sounds like at least she mostly seems fine? I'm glad the doctor's are working on figuring it all out. I'll prayer for her.

    By Blogger AM, at 11:27 AM  

  • Hang in there Daisy. We're thinking of you and hope that you get good results.

    By Blogger Christine & Giggs, at 12:22 PM  

  • Hopefully the amoxicillan will keepy any infections at bay, at the very least, while you figure out what's going on. I hate when pets are sick! Glad to hear she's still eating and pooping just fine, that's good news. Keep us updated. (And let me know if I can do anything to help, I AM here all day.)

    By Blogger Princess in Galoshes, at 1:51 PM  

  • Sweet Girl - I hope she feels better soon

    By Blogger Manda Girl, at 6:10 PM  

  • She is such a doll...I'm glad you were able to get her to vet and they are giving her something to get better. It's always scary when something unusual happens.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 7:45 PM  

  • I hope the amoxicillan helps! I will definatly continue to keep Daisy and your family in my prayers.

    By Blogger Nevis, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home