Life with Pugs

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Worried

Okay, those of you with dogs will understand why I am worried, and those of you without dogs may think I am crazy. But I'm okay with that!

For the last month or so, it has seemed like Daisy lost some weight. I tried not to overreact and decided to just keep an eye on her. It didn't make much sense, since we had actually been getting less activity, but we tried to feed her a little more and not worry. In the last few days, it definitely seemed like her weight was down. I took her by Petsmart today, and her weight on the scale there was 16.5 pounds. I called the vet, and at her last appointment (last summer) was 19.1 pounds. Eek! Almost 3 pounds is more than 10% of her weight! So I made an appointment to take the little girl in tomorrow for a little check up.

They asked me if she had been drinking and urinating more, and I honestly haven't noticed a difference. She has always been a good drinker and pee-er, so it is hard to say. But I will let you know what we find out! Hopefully it is just my imagination and everything is just fine.

10 Comments:

  • We hope everything seems ok!!! Big kisses for Daisy from Meimei and Miko

    By Blogger Manda Girl, at 6:33 PM  

  • She's definitely not acting like anything's wrong, at least! Hopefully it's not a big deal at all, I'll be thinking of you guys, tomorrow!

    By Blogger Princess in Galoshes, at 6:58 PM  

  • Wow, sweetie, I will keep Daisy in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

    By Blogger Nevis, at 7:35 PM  

  • Leah, I was thinking... did Daisy maybe not eat when you guys were away? Who looked after her? Maybe she was stressed because you were gone?

    Just a thought - let us know how she is doing.

    By Blogger Manda Girl, at 7:55 PM  

  • Hey Amanda,
    I think she ate fine while we were gone. She stayed with her best friend, Moxie, where she has stayed many times before. They didn't mention that she didn't eat, and I think they would have said something if she didn't eat. But that's a good thought! Jason's theory is that they played too hard while she was there and she burned off too many calories. We'll see. I am not typically one to take them to the vet except for their yearly check ups, but I will feel better just making sure nothing is seriously wrong. She is acting fine, maybe a little less energetic than usual and a little more cuddly, but she's eating and pooping fine. I will let you know, though, if I find out anything!
    Leah

    By Blogger Leah, at 8:01 PM  

  • I am sure that she is just fine, but either way it's good to have a paranoid Momma! Who are the people that survive cancer? The paranoid ones who go to the doctor when they sneeze just once more than normal or something!
    Good luck at the Vet!
    Love,
    Jemima Jones Beck
    PS: Mom says that I lost 4 pounds the last time that I had a bladder infection, and that I was a little less energetic and more snuggly, so maybe thats whats going on!

    By Blogger Jemima Jones Beck, at 9:44 PM  

  • We understand your concern and we'll be thinking about you today. Please post as soon as you get back from the vet! We're nosy!

    By Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone, at 7:14 AM  

  • Aw, I totally understand your concern and think you are doing to right thing to have her checked out at the vet. Please know your in my thoughts and prayers, though I feel really confident that she is okay. And, please update soon when you find out!!

    By Blogger Page, at 10:33 AM  

  • I hope everything is OK! Will be thinking about you all. I know Lola doesn't eat very well when we go on vacation.

    By Blogger Mrs.D, at 10:57 AM  

  • We hope that everything is ok? Lots of snuggles and kisses Love Weeny and Daisy xxx xxxxxx

    By Blogger Weeny&Daisy, at 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home