Life with Pugs

Friday, April 04, 2008

Another update

Well, the vet called this evening with Daisy's bloodwork results, and thankfully, everything looked fine! I didn't actually get to talk to him, as we played phone tag back and forth several times, but he seemed to think all of her chemistry panel was right where it needed to be, indicating that it is not a liver problem. Thank goodness! At this point, we will give her 10 days of amoxicillan, try some new food to help lower the pH of her urine, and take her back in for another urinalysis after her course of antibiotics is finished. The vet seemed a little perplexed by it all, but I am just so thankful it doesn't (so far) look like anything serious. Thank you so much for your prayers, concern and well wishes. I can't imagine what I would do if anything happened to my little Daisy!

9 Comments:

  • That's a relief!!!

    We give Meimei a tbsp of Ricotta Cheese to her meal - I read it's supposed to help with the ph balance of their urine.

    Big kisses to Daisy!

    By Blogger Manda Girl, at 9:37 PM  

  • Phew! We're glad that the vet doesnt seem to concerned. that is a good sign! Get well soon, from one little Daisy to another!

    Love Daisy and Weeny xx xx

    By Blogger Weeny&Daisy, at 5:37 AM  

  • Oh phew. I have been wondering about her.... what a relief!

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 12:32 PM  

  • So glad to hear it doesn't seem like anything serious! Sugar woke up this morning sounding like she had been smoking a pack a day for the entire four short years of her life. Otherwise, she's fine, eating, drinking, playing, etc. But the raspy "meow" is weirding me out.

    By Blogger Princess in Galoshes, at 1:29 PM  

  • So glad to hear the good news!

    By Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone, at 7:20 AM  

  • I agree... what a relief! Hope she is back to herself in no time. :)

    By Blogger gayle, at 8:19 AM  

  • So glad her bloodwork came back normal and I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

    By Blogger Page, at 10:19 AM  

  • I am so relieved that Daisy is on the mend. I am thinking about all of you!
    Melissa

    By Blogger Archie and Melissa, at 7:36 PM  

  • Great to hear this good news!!! :) ***HUGZ***

    By Blogger Nevis, at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home