Life with Pugs

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Questions Answered, Part 1

You guys have some great questions! It will take a few posts to answer them all, so here goes.....



AM asked:

"How did a Texas girl end up in Denver?" After I graduated from college, I had to do an internship to become a registered dietitian. I wanted to get out of TX for a new adventure, so I applied to several internships in Colorado and Seattle. I was accepted to my top choice, which was an internship in the Denver area. Jason got a job several months after we moved here, so we decided to stay once I was finished. And here we still are! We love Colorado, but it is not necessarily somewhere I see myself living forever (I think I have some gypsy blood in me).



"Do you think you'll end up back in TX one day?" Sadly, probably not. I wouldn't mind living in TX (my favorite places in TX are Austin and San Antonio) and being close to family, but Jason really doesn't like TX. So we will probably never move back.


"Human kids one day?" That is a good question and one we talk about regularly. We probably will, but at this point neither one of us really feel ready. I know, everyone says you are never really ready, but we REALLY don't feel ready. I want to do some more traveling and have some adventures before kids are a part of the picture. But if it happens, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

"Where did you and Jason honeymoon?" Jason and I took a Carnival cruise in the southern Caribbean. It was a 7-day cruise; we flew from Dallas to Atlanta to San Juan Pueto Rico to get on the boat, then we had stops in St. Thomas, Martinique, Aruba and Barbados. We had a wonderful time, and a cruise was a perfect fit for us for our honeymoon.


On the boat on formal night

In port in St Thomas (it is BEAUTIFUL there!)

Riding the tram to the top of the hill in St Thomas overlooking the port

A cathedral in Martinique

In Barbados we went sea kayaking and snorkeling with sea turtles. It was SO FUN!

The Natural Bridge in Aruba

Aruba was our favorite. We took a Jeep tour of the island, with several stops at the big tourist areas. It was hot and deserty but so beautiful. The water and beach were amazing!

A lighthouse in Aruba

Pug Mommy asked:

"What is your all time favorite book?" This was a hard one for me. I love reading and love books, but I had a hard time thinking of a standout. But I think it is probably the Little House on the Prairie series. I LOVED those books as a child and have such fond memories of reading them, of visiting Laura Ingalls' childhood home, of playing Little House on the Prairie with my friend Laura.

"How did you and Jason meet?" Jason and I met through a mutual friend. One of my friends was friends with his roommate. I went to their house on Halloween in 2001, and we first met that night. We didn't spend any time together until the following spring semester, when we started hanging out and getting to know each other better. We started dating that February, and the rest is history! I took my first trip to Starbucks with Jason in Abilene, TX! It was Jason's senior year and my junior year in college.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home