Life with Pugs

Sunday, May 18, 2008

More Questions Answered

Okay, this is long, but it should wrap up the question-answering. Thanks for playing!

Mrs. D asked
"Let's see, I'd like to know if you had lots of pets growing up. And, what was your childhood like? It seems like you have a very close, loving family. What's your favorite childhood memory?"

Surprisingly, we didn't have a ton of pets growing up. When I was little, we had 2 outside dogs, a mutt named Angel and an Irish setter named Helga. Helga was deaf and blind and got out of our yard one day and ran away. Angel died from Rocky Mountain spotted tick fever. I don't think we had any more dogs until I was in middle school. We had a black lab puppy named Blaze who disappeared from our yard one night (we think someone took her). During middle school, we moved to the country and had an array of cats and labrador retrievers. Right now, my parents have a yellow and a black lab and 8 lab puppies! We NEVER had inside pets, which is why it is so funny to me that I have inside dogs (especially after I said I would NEVER have dogs in the house!).

My childhood was very good. I attended K-5th grade at Jefferson Elementary School. We lived a block from the school, so I walked to and from school most days. We had neighbors a few houses down who we were good friends with. Our house had a breezeway, so we spent tons of time outside playing. I did lots of bicycle riding and roller skating and having a blast. My sister was born when I was 4 1/2, and I don't remember being terribly jealous. We moved to a rent house when I was in 5th grade, and then moved into our house (where my parents still live) in 6th grade. My brother was born when I was in 5th grade. I wasn't excited about having another sibling, but after he was born, I was very excited. The rest of my school days were spent in a small school in a little Texas town, and I loved it! My family was very close, and we still are. I miss them!

My favorite childhood memory....that is a hard question! Probably when my brother and sister were born. Love you guys!

Norman asked:
"You have such lovely skin. What sort of make-up products do you use? Also, what do you use on your hair? It's always so shiny!"

Such nice questions, Norman! For my skin, I use Proactiv products to keep away the acne, and NuSkin make up products. I have tried numerous things, but I always come back to those. I love them!

For the hair, my favorite products are Bumble and Bumble. They are a bit pricey, but I really feel they are so superior to other products I have tried (I have only used their curly-hair products, nothing else). I use their shampoo and conditioner, and then their curling creme for styling. They are great!

Nevis asked:
"What are your 5 Desert Island movie pics?" Ooooo, this question was hard for me, but here goes:
1. Sound of Music
2. Singin' in the Rain
3. Casablanca
4. Little Mermaid
5. Ever After

Frances Louise asked:
"What do you and Jason do for a living? Daisy and Oscar look so fit -- do they get alot of exercise?"

I am a registered dietitian/diabetes educator, and Jason works for a company that processes and distributes bone and tissue grafts.

Unfortunately, Daisy and Oscar don't get as much exercise as I would like for them to. I try to take them on decent walks a few times a week, but it doesn't happen every day. They are pretty restricted on their food and very rarely get people food. But don't feel too badly for them--they still get LOTS of treats (just small ones)!

Anonymous asked:
"Who do you love more, your mom or your dad?"

Hmmmm, I think I will skip that one!

5 Comments:

  • I use Proactive too.... LoVe it. As a matter of fact I just did the refining mask a few minutes ago....now my face feels so smooth and brand new!

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 7:45 PM  

  • I loooooooooooove the movie "The Little Mermaid!" COOL!

    By Blogger Nevis, at 8:47 AM  

  • Thanks for answering all those questions! It was very interesting.

    Daisy and Oscar must have fast metabolisms . . . I only get fed once a day and some treats, but I still battle a weight problem.

    By Blogger Frances Louise, at 12:00 PM  

  • We have never been to Vegas, but we are super excited about it. I'll try to remember to take lots of pictures to share when we get back.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:59 PM  

  • lol MOM asked the anonymous question to be funny!!!
    Haha nicely done with skipping it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home