Life with Pugs

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SF Day 2

We woke up Saturday to a cool and drizzly day, but that did not slow us down! We had breakfast at a little cafe in North Beach (SF's Little Italy), which was very good, and then we walked over to Coit Tower. We didn't go up into the tower, but I walked through the bottom of the tower to look at the murals. We then walked down all those steps and caught the bus to the Golden Gate Bridge!



It was pretty amazing to be at such an iconic landmark. We walked about halfway across, and honestly, I didn't love that part of it. I am not a huge fan of being suspended high up the air, so all I could think as we were walking was how freaked out I was. I didn't get near the edge and walked as close to the traffic side as possible. We were amazed, though, at the enormity of the bridge and how they could possibly build such a structure. It is beautiful and a must-see.


After the bridge, we headed to Golden Gate Park. We walked through the Botanic Gardens and then the Japanese tea gardens, where we stopped for tea and snacks. It was beautiful, and we really enjoyed that.



We then headed back towards "home" and stopped for some quick Chinese food close to Union Square. Once at our hotel, we took a nice, long nap!


For dinner that night, we had reservations at the Cliff House to celebrate our anniversary, and it was definitely one of my favorite parts of the trip. The Cliff House is on the west side of San Francisco and has a beautiful beach with AMAZING views of the Pacific Ocean, plus a really cool history. We arrived shortly before our reservation time, but I wish we had arrived much sooner to spend some time on the beach. I LOVE the ocean and could have looked at that view for hours.



Our dinner was great--I had crab cakes and halibut, which was very fresh and very good. After dinner, we took the bus back to our hotel and called it a night. It was another wonderful day!





Our breakfast stop in North Beach--I had a prosciutto omelet (I LOVE prosciutto!) and coffee. We also stopped for lattes before heading to our next stop to help us warm up in the damp, chilly weather!

Coit Tower

That's me on the steps coming down from Coit Tower

See, I was really there!


View of the Golden Gate Bridge from the entrance

Jason kept talking about how many people commit suicide by jumping off the bridge each year, which did absolutely nothing to help my anxiety level

Our yummy snack in the tea garden--I had jasmine tea and Jason had green tea

That is the Cliff House in the upper right corner

View of the beach in front of the Cliff House

5 Comments:

  • haha! i love this! i am so jealous of you two.
    my favorite is the pic of Crisis Counseling. That is so funny.
    "the consequences could be tragic and fatal."
    well DUH!
    they should've put a number though.
    i'm glad you didn't jump.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 AM  

  • What a romantic weekend!
    Looks like so much fun. Glad
    you had a great time!
    Hugs & kisses, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 AM  

  • Hey brother, they didn't have a number because there was a phone receiver nearby you could pick up and call a crisis counselor. I thought it was a little sad, but Jason thought it was pretty hysterical, so he took that picture.

    By Blogger Leah, at 9:43 AM  

  • great pics! those signs on the bridge are crazy! I just read about those recently in an article about how NYC is a 'hot' place to go to commit suicide - and they mentioned that the GGB is also very popular. Somewhat 'glamourous' I guess. So sad!

    By Blogger Holly, at 10:39 AM  

  • Looks like you had an AWESOME time! Isn't it wonderful there?

    By Blogger Nevis, at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home