Life with Pugs

Thursday, December 07, 2006

HELLLPPPPP!

Okay, friends, remember the pictures of the great perm I showed you all over the summer? Well, I figured that since it had been almost 6 months, I was due for a second perm. I made an appointment with the same guy who did my first perm, only to be called an hour before my scheduled appointment to be told he is no longer doing perms. Not nice. So I made another appointment with a well-known, reputable salon chain here in Denver. You know what is coming, don't you? Well I went tonight, and 2 hours and 45 minutes later, I come out with the curliest hair you have ever seen. I HATE it. No really, I HATE it! I feel like something straight from the eighties. I haven't broken down and cried yet, but I certainly want to.

So now I need advice. I called my mom (yay for good moms!) and she suggested two options: 1) curl it with a big curling iron until it settles down to acceptable levels, or 2) wash it out. Anyone with perm experience out there, please help me!

*UPDATE: I washed my hair this morning, and it is pretty much as curly after as it was before. It may be a little looser, but hard to tell until it really dries. I think I can live with it, but I will be ready for it to loosen up. Thanks for your advice and words of encouragement!

8 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Coco, at 12:01 AM  

  • Aww Leah...I hate to see another fellow Leah experiencing CURLY hair troubles!
    As you know...I have no problem with PERMS...it is all natural here.
    I like suggestion #2.
    If you can wash-it-out...go with that! I didn't know it was that easy? Would you just wash it with reg. shampoo & it will lessen the curl?
    If not...The Large barrel curling iron ALWAYS work. I like doing that with my hair. It makes the more undefined sections of waves in my hair (I have more of an odd wave than a curl) more volumnous! (sp?)
    Good luck girl!!!

    12:01 AM

    By Blogger Coco, at 12:02 AM  

  • Calma, querida. :)
    No, really, if you hate it as much as you appear to, then safe yourself some strife and wash it out. But my experience with perms has been that they lose a lot of their steam quickly, so maybe it'll settle down soon... but who knows. If you want to have quick and easy peace of mind, then just nip it in the bud now. It'll be ok. I understand bad hair.

    By Blogger ann, at 12:19 AM  

  • When you blow dry, use a round brush and wrap your hair around the brush, pulling it out straight as you blow air on it. This should straighten it out to an acceptable level and keep the ends nice and tidy.

    By Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone, at 7:37 AM  

  • Hey Leah,

    Condition your hair and then blow-dry using a large brush. You can also try to set it using large rollers. Hopefully that will "relax" it enough for the first few super curly days. In time, it will begin to loosen up on its own.

    Hope this helps!

    Allison (Lola's mom)

    By Blogger Mrs.D, at 8:02 AM  

  • Last year I had a perm that was gorwing out, so I went to get it de-permed (perm without the rollers) at a nice salon here on the island. The girl burned off a huge chunk of my hair, but I didn't know it at the time because it was burned off at the root. Only when it started growing out did I realize what happened. So now I have a chunk of hair about five inches and the rest past my shoulders. It looks like I have extentions or something. Anyway, all that to say I feel your pain!

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 9:52 AM  

  • All I can say is "this too shall pass!". Lots of good suggestions from the others, try any of those! Although, I'm SURE it looks just fine, just your not used to it!

    By Blogger Punchbugpug, at 12:19 PM  

  • Leah,
    We have never met but let me tell you I love checking your blog. I found it through my friend Hannah Stevens...I love catching up on the PUGS as I am trying to talk my boys into one. I am always thrilled to see what a wonderful couple you and Jason are. Your work with Church and love for God shows through your blog. Isn't it funny how these blogs work and who we will meet. what makes me comment today is "the perm" I too have been a product of a curly perm. CONDITION... I will even leave it over night and wash it out in the a.m. also a shampoo like head and shoulders will tend to make it relax a little as well.

    Thanks for having a fun blog to check on now and then. you can e-mail me about pugs if you want. the pros and cons we are looking for puppies to get this spring...julieann64@sbcglobal.net.

    Julie Delashaw - Little Rock, AR.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home