Life with Pugs

Monday, October 08, 2007

My Weekend

Finally we had a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend. I LOVE weekends like this. I guess if they were all quiet and relaxing, it might get boring, but it feels like we have been going non-stop, so a quiet weekend was just what I needed.

Friday night we had some fun. A group of us from our class at church went to a corn maze and haunted house! It was great fun! I am a big chicken when it comes to scary things, but the haunted house wasn't terribly scary, so we had a great time. After the maze, we had a late dinner at Pete's Kitchen, a Denver diner, which has the BEST breakfast burritos. Breakfast burritos with green chili are one of my favorite foods, so I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Saturday I went jogging with my neighbors (gasp!). I finally did it! I jogged for the first half (about 15 minutes) and then walked back. My legs are still sore, but I was proud of myself for doing it! I plan on continuing but starting out a little slower and working up to non-stop jogging for about 30 minutes. After jogging, we all went out to breakfast at Udi's, where I had another breakfast burrito (which was pretty good but not as good as Pete's). Our afternoon was pretty lazy. I laid around and watched some football (OU vs. UT) and then ran some errands and got a haircut. Saturday evening we watched the Rockies beat the Phillies (go Rockies!) on TV, and then I think I went to bed early.

Sunday was church and then a potluck. In the afternoon, we took the pugs to City Park for "Pugs in the Park," a fundraiser for Colorado Pug Rescue. We then went home and took a nap (yay for naps!) and then just took it easy the rest of the evening.

It was a great weekend--I love relaxing!

10 Comments:

  • Wow, that sounds like a great weekend! And sounds like you did do a lot even if it didnt feel you were "busy". Really, your weekend sounded perfect to me! And I do love potlucks!

    By Blogger AM, at 2:05 PM  

  • Sounds like a great weekend to us!!

    xoxoFour Pugz

    By Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy, at 4:20 PM  

  • Sounds like you had a great weekend, Leah. Sounds very much like ours here in South Mississippi, except our weather is probably a whole lot warmer.

    I've been keeping up with you blog, just haven't commented in a while. Sorry about that. But I enjoy reading about y'all's life in Denver. It's so different than here.

    Cheers & Blessings to you all today! Dee

    of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicles

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

  • So glad you had a relaxing weekend - those really are the best! You are right, it's good to be busy, which makes relaxing weekends all the more special!

    By Blogger gayle, at 7:21 PM  

  • Sounds like your weekend was a bit busy! Is it cool up there in Denver? I saw snow up somewhere in the Utah area??

    By Blogger Sandy, at 11:45 PM  

  • Are you sore from your jog? I would have died!! : )

    By Blogger Jessica, at 6:26 AM  

  • I wish it was still the weekend!

    I just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting at my site. It's for all-natural bath and body products made in Texas. Come check it out - and help spread the word! I will continue to hold more giveaways over the next few weeks as well!

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Patriot, at 7:00 PM  

  • Oh we do the corn maze thing every fall ...I dread it. it rather freaks me out a bit. not sure why but I get uneasy about being lost in a corn field in the dark with only a flash light and a flag to wave for when you get lost...oh never drink a large coffee then go into the maze you have to start all over once your done in the bathroom!!!...

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 8:38 PM  

  • I love weekends like that too. They are few and far between.

    I'm also a big chicken when it comes to haunted houses. Good for you for being brave enough to go!

    By Blogger Mrs.D, at 11:02 AM  

  • Leah,

    Hey girl! I really appreciate your encouragement! It is hard to be "20's" without kids, because every one has an opinion. : ) I am so glad we share the same sentiments; it makes me feel like I am not alone in making these huge decisions!!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home