Life with Pugs

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Random Thoughts

I seem to be suffering from a lack of interesting topics to blog lately. It seems like a lot of other bloggers are suffering this as well, because some of my regularly visited blogs aren't updating as frequently as usual. Maybe it's the end of summer blues. Can you believe it is August already?

----------------------------------------

I was reminded again tonight of how beautiful this state really is. Are you guys tired of hearing that? I guess because I grew up in Texas, it makes me appreciate the beauty here even more. Even after being here three years, I am at times in awe of this beautiful creation surrounding me. Tonight, I took the pugs out for a walk at dusk. The sun was setting over the mountains, the sky was all pink and orange and the clouds were a purpley color. It was breathtaking and awesome. If any of you ever want to come visit and experience this, you always have a free place to stay!

------------------------------------------

I decided last week that I love being a dietitian. Trust me, it is VERY challenging at times but very rewarding at times as well. So many people are struggling with their eating and have so many false notions about food and diets and such. Working with diabetes is especially rewarding.

-------------------------------------------

Lastly, I have recently decided that I want to start jogging. The problem is--I hate it. But I really want to like it, and I need to get in better shape. All of you joggers out there--any suggestions on how to get started?


Good night from the cutest pugs ever! They bring me so many smiles!

5 Comments:

  • I must agree about the jogging - pure torture! But I've never lasted long enough to get that runner's high I keep hearing about!

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 12:46 PM  

  • I think the best way to get started is to find a jogging partner that you can motivate and that can help you get motivated.

    By Blogger My Pugs Blogger, at 12:59 PM  

  • I bet it is so beautiful there. Is it hot now or do you feel fall coming yet? I have no advice on jogging...couldn't make it to the mailbox if I tried. School started back here last week for children. But you being from Texas, you know it won't cool off for two more months.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 10:30 PM  

  • Sandy, it is hot here right now just like everywhere else. Over the weekend, it was much cooler and started to feel like fall, but we are in the midst of another heat wave with high 90s during the day. Luckily, it isn't humid so that is helpful. When we were on the coast of Texas in June, Jason and I thought we were going to die--we just aren't used to that humidity anymore. Colorado can definitely spoil a person! I think where you live is very beautiful--I love the beach and the ocean.

    By Blogger Leah, at 10:34 PM  

  • You sound just like I did years back when I started jogging! When I started, I couldn't even make it around the track one time, but with training, I worked up to 5.5 miles. I have never learned to absolutely love jogging, but it's the quickest way to get your exercise... and you feel great afterward! Get some uplifting, upbeat music, and enjoy some "me" time!

    The Couch to 5K program is supposed to be good:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    By Blogger Sharla, at 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home