Life with Pugs

Thursday, August 03, 2006

LlamaRama

Well, I did something last Saturday I have never done before. I participated in a llama race! Every year, the town of Fairplay, Colorado, holds a llama/alpaca race. Over the last few years, they have turned the race into a money-raising event for organ donation awareness. The transplant center at our hospital recruits teams, so I was on a team with three of my co-workers! Things didn't work out quite as we had planned--when we arrived, they had run out of llamas, but one of my teammates and I walked the course anyway. We joined up with another team in the beginning, but they went on way ahead of us. It was a nice little hike, about three miles. We went through the river three times and up and down hills, so it was a pretty good workout. All in all, it was a fun day! Jason wasn't able to walk with us, because he was sick, but maybe next year!

Through the river--it was actually scarier than it looks, but I don't particularly like rushing water

Near the end of the race (no, it wasn't all nice and paved like this section)

Some nice mountain scenery along our route

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home