Life with Pugs

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More vacation pictures!

Blogger finally decided to work again. Yippee, more pictures!

I wish that I could say we built this sandcastle...but we didn't. We did try building one but were extremely unsuccessful. We found this on the beach the morning we went to see the sunrise.

The pugs on the beach. Daisy had a great time sprinting down the sand, but I think Oscar felt it was a little too close to the water. He HATES water!


The lighthouse we visited. I don't know whether or not you can see us in the picture, but we are right at the bottom in front of the entrance. If we had been smart, we would have stood in front of the white part so we could be seen.

I really love lighthouses, but this is the first one I have actually gone into. I don't know what I expected, but inside it was actually a little scary and claustrophobia-inducing. Luckily it wasn't too terribly tall (as far as lighthouses go). It had many windy, wrought iron, narrow steps to the top, then had a wooden ladder you had to climb up to the very top. You could actually go outside the top and walk around, which was very scary to me. Not only was it narrow, but it was pretty windy. But we did have a great view of the island and bridge across the bay. And the walk down the narrow, windy stairs was even scarier. I wonder if lighthouse keepers ever fell down the stairs and were injured? All that said, even with my love for lighthouses, I will definitely have to think about it next time before I walk up.

Well, we have a few new things to show-and-tell around our house, but silly me left the camera cord in Texas. Hopefully it will come in the mail soon and I can share with you all!

1 Comments:

  • I love sand designs, awesome castle.

    Bandit doesn't care for the water much either. Paisley will dunk her head in it even.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home