Life with Pugs

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Weekend in Kansas

I went to visit my sister Vanessa in Kansas this weekend, and we had a GREAT time! She transferred to KU this semester and moved to Lawrence this summer, so this was the first time I have visited her there. It is a great place! I always imagined Kansas to be flat and boring, but eastern Kansas is very beautiful with lots of trees and hills and is very green!



One of the most exciting things (to me) about my trip was meeting Vanessa's dogs! She and her roommate recently adopted three American Staffordshire terriers (which are in the bully family) from a rescue, and they are adorable! They are about 4 months old and were so much fun! Having them around helped me not to miss my pugs too much (even though no other dogs are as cute as the pugs!).

They have three puppies, a male and two females. The male, who is silver, is named Snatch after the weightlifting move (Nessa is a weightlifter), the reverse brindle female is Tiger Lily and the chocolate and white is Bell.

Tiger Lily is the smallest of the three and is very sweet. She loves to give hugs!

Here is Bell, who is also very sweet!

Snatch is a beautiful blue color with amazing silver-colored eyes. He is so sweet and loving--I have never seen a dog who likes to give so many kisses! Over the weekend, Nessa nicknamed him "Sir Licks-a-Lot" and that is SO true! But he is such a lover and an incredibly beautiful dog! He is going to be a big dog--his head and paws are huge!


Snatch and Bell cuddling on the couch

Vanessa's puppies are pretty thin (but will become muscular when they are older), so when I got home the pugs looked so fat! Oh well, what do you expect with a pug?!

More details of our weekend to come!

4 Comments:

  • I am so in love with snatch...what a cutie...although Tiger Lilly and Bell are just as cute...Nice to meet another Bell! Glad you got the chance to Bond with your sister....Where did Oscar and Daisy go while you were away...or sis Jason stay home?

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 7:47 PM  

  • Oh, they are so cute. I love seeing three of them together. That will make for some fun stories. Snatch looks like a weinmeriner (sp)?? That grey coat is so pretty. I always imagine Kansas as being flat and blue sky with fields of grain blowing in the wind!

    By Blogger Sandy, at 11:50 PM  

  • Glad you had a great time!
    The dogs are beautiful. I love the large breeds! I am into small dogs like Coco or real large. Bell would have to be my favorite (although they are all adorable!) Did you get lots of sweet Puppy Breathe? My Favorite!
    Thanks for the link to K.U...I kind of had "Image" of Kansas too...But it sure does look like a nice campus!

    WOO HOO~~~Curly hair won! :-)
    (for YOU...Not me...LOL)

    By Blogger Coco, at 12:01 AM  

  • Those 3 are gorgeous, they look so loveable. I'm delurking to comment on your blog, don't remember if i have before, but i check in often :) Looks like you had a great time in kansas, i'm sure you missed your babies though. I like the curly hair as well, i know i'm a little behind in the times here :)

    By Blogger Jo Jo, at 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home