Life with Pugs

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Looking Back...

I cannot believe it has been a year since Hurricane Katrina hit. For some reason, I was so affected by the hurricane. I think much of it had to do with the amount of suffering the people stranded in New Orleans were enduring. Did any of you watch the Katrina special on NBC with Brian Williams Monday night? It brought back a whole flood of emotions that I felt around that time. I was reminded of a very important issue that is still facing America--race and class and becoming equals. It is very evident that this is a problem, but how do we fix it? Where do we start? Such pain and hurt should not happen to any human being, and it is unfathomable to me that such things should go on in one of our American cities. I know that it happens daily around the world, but seeing it in our own county is unbelievable. I hope and pray that anyone reading this that may have been affected by Katrina is being blessed, and may all of you on the coast be protected from hurricanes during this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home