Life with Pugs

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The rest of the story

Having a yummy Sunday lunch



Sunday morning we went to church and then had lunch at a Greek restaurant. We had planned to eat sushi but the sushi place isn't open on Sunday, so we opted for Greek instead. It was really good, and our meal was finished off with tiramisu (it was actually a Greek/Italian restaurant). We did a little shopping and then took Sarah home so she could go to work. We spent some more time shopping on Mass street and then Nessa drove me around town and around campus. For dinner on Sunday, Nessa fixed chicken tacos and Sarah made yummy guacamole (my favorite!).



Monday we took the dogs to campus for a walk. I have to say that KU is a beautiful campus! Like many of you, when I thought of Kansas before, I thought about flat plains and wheat waving in the wind. That is definitely western Kansas, but eastern Kansas is very green and hilly and great! The campus was especially beautiful. Sorry alma mater, but I think KU definitely is a much prettier campus!

This is a beautiful little pond on campus, complete with blooming lily pads and weeping willows.


The bell tower on campus. I just loved the reflection in this shot.

I loved this building, which was one of the many buildings on campus. It looks kind of like a castle to me. KU has TONS of really cool, old, historic buildings and even several museums on campus.

Monday we had sushi for lunch (YUM! but why did my husband give me so many bad, expensive habits?!) and hung out on campus. We then had to head to the airport. I am one of those paranoid people who have to get to the airport at least two hours early, so I was getting stressed out when the two hour point passed. Luckily, I was flying Frontier, which is not a big airline out of KC so there was no line and I checked in very quickly. KC airport is very cool--they have the security at the actual gates, so the lines are much shorter, plus there are windows between the corridor and the gates so you don't have to go through security until you are almost ready to get on the plane. It was nice, because Nessa and I got our Starbucks (pumpkin spice latte again) and hung out until it was about time to board.

All in all, it was a GREAT weekend in KS! I loved seeing my sister and spending time with her and also meeting her roommate and her dogs. I can't wait to see them all again!

2 Comments:

  • Looks like a great time! Good company AND good food. That's awesome!

    I see your hair is wavy! WOO HOO~Our votes won :-)
    It looks great!

    By Blogger Coco, at 11:45 PM  

  • It is a pretty campus! Our poor "dear Christian College!" I think the pond they are putting in is almost done though!

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home