Life with Pugs

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

More Kansas Fun!

Enjoying the football game!

I arrived in Kansas City late Friday night, and Vanessa and her roomate picked me up at the airport. We headed back to Lawrence, which is about an hour away. We didn't do much when we got there--I met the puppies, and then we went to bed.
Saturday morning was fun. Nessa and I went to Starbucks (Pumpkin Spice Latte--YUM!) and then went to a local farmer's market. It was great! I didn't realize there was an Amish community in Kansas, but apparently there is. Several of the booths had fresh baked goods from Amish families. We bought some homemade bread and it was SO GOOD!

Saturday afternoon we spent some time on Mass Street. Mass (Massachusetts) Street is the downtown area of Lawrence and is really cool. The buildings are really old and there are tons of cute shops up and down the street. Vanessa told me there is a city ordinance that no malls can be built in Lawrence to protect the local storeowners, so there are lots of little shops!



Party central!

Saturday evening we went to the opening KU football game! It was so fun! I have never been to a big college football game and it was so exciting. We parked several blocks away and walked to the stadium, and there were TONS of tailgate parties! Alcohol is not allowed in the stadium but there was tons of it flowing all around. But it was really cool to be a part of the exciting college football atmosphere! KU started rough but they got their act together and ended up winning. We left after the 3rd quarter and headed back home. We fed the dogs and then went to a local coffee shop, where I had a great latte! I discovered a few days later why it was so good--I forgot to ask for nonfat milk (which I always do) so they made it with whole milk! Definitely made it taste SO yummy!

Well, Blogger has decided its done for now, so more pictures to come later!

1 Comments:

  • Yummy...pumpkin spice lattes! Glad you have a fun trip with your sis! I'm sure the furry ones missed you!

    By Blogger Punchbugpug, at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home