Life with Pugs

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Heart-breaking

I feel as though my heart is breaking. Never before have I felt this way about a national disaster. I was very sad when 9-11 happened, but for some reason, I feel especially moved by the hurricane. I can't explain why. Maybe because we have a family member now close to the tragedy. As I read Sharla's blog tonight, I found myself crying. My heart breaks for all of the hurt the people are experiencing, all the hurt they have yet to go through. The loved ones they have lost, the special memories left behind. When I heard that the church Sharla attends was becoming a shelter, I wanted more than anything to rush there and help in any way needed. Goodness knows I would have been even more of a basketcase if I were there in the midst of everything. It sounds as though the refugees that have taken shelter at the church building are being blessed, and I hope and pray that they feel the love of God through the outpouring of love that church is bestowing upon them.

Please continue to pray for all of the victims as well as all of the outreach efforts. I said I would not watch the news today but could not make it past noon today without turning on the TV. While there are still horrendous stories, there is finally good news as people are being rescued and evacuated and getting the things they so desperately need. It is good to finally hear some good news in the midst of all the tragedy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home