Life with Pugs

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Furry Scurry Fun

Last Saturday, we participated in the Furry Scurry, which is a fundraised for the Denver Dumb Friends League, a local animal shelter. Dumb Friends League is actually where we found Oscar, so it is pretty special to me. Anyway, the Furry Scurry is a two-mile walk around Washington Park with your dogs. This is our second year to do it, and it is AMAZING! Last year I could not believe how many people and dogs were there. On the news they said that 6,000 people participated, and I believe that the majority of those people had dogs. It is great fun! The pugs get so excited but both did really well and made it to the end with no problems. But Oscar was pretty pooped once we stopped! We even got to see Moxie after we were finished. It was a great way to spend our Saturday morning!

Poor pugs. Daisy had really bad diarrhea last Friday and Saturday, and then again today, so they were locked in the kitchen most of the day. She kept pooping on the carpet, so we wanted her in on the tile so it would be easier to clean up. Both pugs are so used to being right with us all the time that they cried and cried. Things were better Sunday but then got bad again today. I think it may be some new treats we are feeding her. I was giving them Greenie chips for their stinky breath but I stopped that last Friday. Poor girl has a sensitive tummy!

2 Comments:

  • Aww Poor Daisy...I hope she feels bettes soon... ;o(

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 2:01 PM  

  • Yes, AI was such a shocker Wednesday!!! How gut wrenching... I mean, at this point it was hard to lose anyone, but I think the world was shocked when it was Chris. Especially after Kat's bad performances. And poor Chris did seem the most shocked! I felt so awful, no one's ever looked so heartbroken as he did... :( But now I'm just hoping Elliot goes all the way!!!!!! I LOVE ELLIOT! :)

    By Blogger ann, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home