Life with Pugs

Monday, May 01, 2006

Leah's Terrible, Horrible, No Good Friday morning

Well, something happened to me on Friday that I don't think has ever happened before. I got locked out of my house! I went out to walk the dogs Friday morning as usual. I actually had three pugs, because Moxie was at our house for the weekend. I never take my keys on walks with me but instead use the keypad outside our garage door to open it. So I am running late, as usual, walking three pugs in the rain. I get home, and for some silly reason, the keypad decided it did not want to work! Jason was already gone to work--I didn't know what to do! Finally, after checking most of the downstairs' windows and determining that they were indeed all locked, I worked up the courage to ring the neighbors' doorbell. Luckily, we have GREAT neighbors who let me use their phone and then hang out in their house, even after they went to work, until Jason could come home and rescue me. The dogs, who were pretty wet, stayed in their garage, which worked out perfectly. Needless to say, I was very late for work on Friday. Now I always take my keys on dog walks!

1 Comments:

  • Oh no!! That would be terrible. Not a great start to the day - I bet.

    I had to take refuge at a neighbors house once when it was raining and hailing SOOOO bad and I was walking Meimei when we got caught in it. I was making a break for it (our house was at the end of the block) when a neighbor saw us and ushered us in their house. Dripping all over their carpets! It didn't take long for the storm to pass and we were on our way home again.

    By Blogger My Pugs Blogger, at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home