Life with Pugs

Monday, October 24, 2005

Made it!!!

I know, it has taken me a couple of days to post since we have been here, but we made it it Texas. The drive was long, as usual, but we had no problems. We got away from Denver about 11, which was after the diabetes walk, and got here about 11 that night. The new car did great as did the pugs. We rigged up a sheet on the back seat so that there would be no hair all over the upholstery and that really worked out well. I am pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage. When I checked it, we were getting about 29.5 mpg on the highway, and that is with a 6 cylinder. Oh, I think I am going to fill up some barrels of gas before we leave to take with us. We saw gas today for two twenty something. I have had a few new cultural experiences. Yesterday after church, we went up to OK to have fried catfish and today we were at a cross-country meet and stopped for chicken fried steak after leaving the small town. So far, it has been a great trip and tomorrow we get to have some fun going to Abilene and Dallas. I will see and talk to ya'll soon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home