Life with Pugs

Monday, October 10, 2005

Good weekend

Sorry I didn't post anything over the weekend. Since Leah was out to a women's retreat, I used that time to tie up lots of loose ends. First of all, I finished the furniture (except for the knobs) yippee!!! It didn't turn out perfect, but good enough for us and at least it is done. I also, since we are moving out of our apt., primed the walls of our living room. We have to paint all the walls back to boring white so, in order to cover the red, I primed the room. The walls should all be done next weekend. I made my first semi-major house purchase. I bought a ladder! It is similar to the "little giant" but the cheaper Lowes version. It's the kind of ladder that is a step/extension multipurpose thing. I am pretty excited about that. This is the style: click here.

I have decided to get rid of my car insurance company. They did not stick up for me and paid out for the entire damage to all cars involved in the accident. The police report states that I am not at fault for all that damage, but they were too lazy to even get the police report. So, I have already called to talk to another insurance company. So long!

The house- nothing exteriorly (is that a word?) has changed, but the whole house has all plumbing, insulation and the downstairs/garage has all the drywall up. I talked to the mortage broker and he said the house will be done next month for sure. So, now I am watching rates and can lock in my rate anytime. I found out some interesting things about building materials. They are building so many houses these days that the manufacturer of cabinets can't keep up so there is a shortage. Our builder was smart though. He looked into his crystal ball, saw the shortage coming and has been stockpiling cabinets in the model home garages. Also, there is a shortage of concrete so they can't put in the sidewalks on time and some people don't have mail boxes because there is nothing to anchor them with. Kinda funny.

The car- since we had our first snow today, I experienced how much fun it is to drive a sled/intertube car to work. The roads were just slushy, but I was still sliding and spinning my wheels. When I got out to my car this morning, there was a good 4 inches or so of snow on it. It was about the consistancy of peanutbutter or Seattle snow. I thought Colorado was known for powder?

Speaking of cars, we have decided to replace the Cavalier with a Subaru Outback. We went out to test drive them tonight and I was impressed. They are the best selling car in Colorado and the all wheel drive was great. I hit the gas hard on mud/snow/puddles/slush and no spinny tires. I would say it's the perfect colorado driver. Leah likes them because there is lots of room in the back for pugs. I have a few phone calls pending at different dealers, but one dealer gives us a discount below there "no haggle" price, discount on maintenance, discount finance rates all because Leah's work has some sort of business deal with them. But, who knows what we will do.

I guess that is all the exciting news for now. I'll talk to you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home