Life with Pugs

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Bachelor


Aren't Pugs cute???

Tonight, Leah is off volunteering for the "survivors" of the Katrina hurricane so I am a bachelor. It may sound bad, but I kinda enjoy having the evening to myself. I have ordered a pizza, drank coke and watched the Raiders and Chiefs game. This is after I cleaned the garage and went to the gym. Does it get any better than this? I am sure Leah will have more to say about her evening when she gets home.

It has been an exciting week at work. Monday, I finally received my promotion. I have been doing this job for a year now and they have been dragging their feet. So now I am the Joint Restoration Operational Trainer. That was supposed to sounds impressived, but I don't think it worked. The best part is they gave me a 10 percent raise, which will certainly come in handy with the whole house situation. Tuesday, we went out to a restaurant in Stapleton to celebrate, but since we had never been there before, it probably wasn't the best place to choose. Neither one of us were impressed with the food, but we had to try it once. The only other exciting part of the week at work was that we have signed a contract with another company that will increase our production significantly. They have already talked about hiring new people in my department because of this.

The past couple of days have been very relaxing. We have rented a couple of movies, visited the house a couple of times, Cold Stone, walked the dogs at a dog rescue event, taught Bible class, bought ski passes, etc, etc. For some reason, we really do enjoy teaching the middle schoolers at church. We had 18 people in class today and, for the most part, it went really well. Our lesson was about Acts 3 and we included skits and group activities. Basically, we just try to find something useful to do with all their energy. I can't imagine being a full time teacher of them. That would be totally exhausting.

Now, for the house. Nothing significant has changed. We now have a mostly sided house complete with windows. On the inside, we now have heating ducts. Yep, thats about it, but it is starting to look like a house and I am getting really excited about it!!

I guess that is all for now. My pizza is getting cold.

3 Comments:

  • That dog is going to give me nightmares! YIKES!!! :)

    By Blogger Sharla, at 11:06 AM  

  • That dog picture is the funniest I've seen in a long time! How cute?????

    By Blogger Michelle, at 3:07 PM  

  • That is a handsome pug, indeed. Truly, God must have spent a little more time on us. Is that your '69 Camaro, and if so, would you be interested in donating it to my ministry?

    By Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy, at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home