Life with Pugs

Friday, October 21, 2005

Slow paced life

We are leaving for Texas tomorrow in our new auto. I have everything all packed up and ready, so we should get a decent start. I am having fun finding all the new stuff on this car such as oil capacity, tire pressures, etc. and I keep finding new things out about the car. For instance, we have automatic dimming rearview mirror. Instead of reaching up to put and end to blinding truck headlights, it dims by itself. I guess that may be nice. We also found we have a rear window washer. I didn't know they made such things. It is kind of fun coming into the new age of technology.

We went out to the house today. They seem to be really making progress now. They only have 3 weeks until our final walk through, so they better be moving. As of now, we have all walls finished (texture and paint) and all the floor tile is in (kitchen, fireplace, bathroom). It will be exciting when we come back from our trip to see what has been done.

I wish I had some pictures of our house, but I forgot my camera. I don't think the inside is all that impressive yet. I was amazing to see the house go from dirt to a house with a matter of a couple of months. I think once they get in the kitchen, lighting and flooring, then it will start to feel like someone could live there. Oh, I almost forgot. Across the freeway (still the old Stapleton airport property) they are building up a bunch of stores. That side is going to be more commercial and the side we are on is mainly residential. Anyway, we have a new SUPER TARGET that just opened. It was pretty exciting, at least to us. I think we went last Sunday, and there was hardly anyone there. It was great. Right next door, they are finished with a Bass Pro Shop and Circuit City. Yippee!!!

I feel like I have spent the whole week on the telephone. 1) I decided to fire my insurance company because I was not impressed with their claims service so now I am finally switched over. 2) I found out there is a bunch of paperwork when you buy a car. 3) I have been making sure our financing for the house will not have any problems so I keep bugging people about that. One guy in particular must be getting tired of me because we are within 60 days of closing so I can lock in my interest rate. Even with the fluctuations, my payment won't really change all that much, but I think it is a challenge to get the best rate I can find. Therefore, I keep calling they poor guy about once a day just to check rates. Well, I don't feel too sorry for him - he just go back from a 10 day trip to Aruba. Must be rough.

I guess I have babbled long enough. I will hopefully put up a post on Sunday so that everyone knows we made it in to Texas ok. It is such a great drive across Texas (hahaha), but it will certainly be nice to see family again and have a week to not have to think about anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home