Life with Pugs

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sad Day

Today was a sad day in the Stephens' family. We didn't get World Series tickets. They actually went on sale yesterday, but the site was "maliciously attacked" so very few tickets were sold before they suspended the sale yesterday. Tickets went back on sale today, but there was no getting through (for us). We tried and tried to no avail.

The really sad part of the story--on Monday, Jason was actually able to get through and pick his seats, but when he went to check out, he was kicked out of the site. And they were great seats! We were so, so close.

I do have one gripe about the situation. The tickets were only for sale online and were first come, first serve. But it seems to me that MANY of the people who purchased tickets bought them so they could turn around and sell them to make a quick buck. What about the local fans? I am not about to go on ebay or Craig's list and pay thousands of dollars for tickets. So I guess we will just watch from home. Or maybe I will boycott.

Another sad thing--I can no longer get on blogger at work. I can't update, and I can't check any other blogs.

Bah humbug.

9 Comments:

  • Aw, Leah, I'm sorry you guys weren't able to get tickets. I have heard SO many stories about people getting so far, and then getting kicked off. What a horrible way to treat the local fans. The lottery would have been better than this!

    At least if it snows you will be nice and cozy at home. (And then won't have to deal with the ridiculous drive home, afterwards.)

    By Blogger Princess in Galoshes, at 6:56 PM  

  • Hey Leah, thanks for the comment!! What's your maiden name? I'm sorry about your tickets. :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • What a bummer! What ever happened to people standing in line for 20 hours to get tickets? Now you get them on-line and just have to be lucky enough to get them in time. Silly silly technology! No more blogger at work? They have blocked the ports I guess. Argh! Silly I.T. nerds!

    By Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone, at 7:15 AM  

  • You guys are having poo-ey internet luck :(

    Sorry you couldn't get any tickets, I agree that local fans should get a fair share without having to pay through the nose.

    Didn't they have a limit on the number of tickets you could get so the scalpers don't buy them all up?

    By Blogger Christine & Giggs, at 10:57 AM  

  • That is terrible that there is not a way for local people to have better access to tickets. And it's a crime not to be able to get on blogger at work..boo hiss. I remember when the rolling stones came to New Orleans and I got on the phone to buy my tickets after about an hour of waiting, our seats were like the last row up in the back of the superdome...very bad seats. Was not worth going in my opinion.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 6:50 PM  

  • Bummer! I think they should have someting set aside for local fans... Boo Hoo....

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 7:31 AM  

  • I feel your pain Leah. We had the same problem a few years ago here in Houston when the Astros went to the World Series. We were major bummed and frustrated over the whole thing. I sure wish they would fix that problem!!

    By Blogger Greg & Bobbie Baggett, at 7:50 AM  

  • WHAT?! What do you mean you can't check blogs at work. I think you need to seriously think about changing your job -- move to Alaska, like us!

    Mommy and I sympathize about not getting those tickets. We definitely think local, die-hard fans should have the first shot.

    By Blogger Frances Louise, at 6:48 PM  

  • Bummer! We had a ticket issue recently trying to get Naomi tickets as they went on sale for Miley Cyrus. What a scaples circus that wass.

    By Blogger Paula, at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home