Life with Pugs

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Scary

I just had the biggest scare I have had in a while. Our fence has two gates, one in the front and one in the back. The latches don't latch well, so if you aren't careful, the gates will not close properly. Tonight, I was on the phone with my mom and just opened the side door and let the pugs out in the yard. Jason left to go to the grocery store, and a few minutes later Daisy came back in. I went out to get Oscar, and he was no where to be found. I quickly ended my phone call, slipped on some of Jason's sandals and ran around the neighborhood calling for Oscar. Luckily, he hadn't gone far. One of the neighbors on the other side of the courtyard had her front door open, and Oscar went right on in. They have a small dog as well, so I guess he wanted to visit them. Thankfully she knew who he was, so was on her way back to our house when I went out to look for him. Whew. Happy ending this time--hopefully it will never happen again!


I would hate to lose this face!

5 Comments:

  • I'm so glad he just went visiting. I've had that panicy, sinking feeling a couple times when I didn't see the boys in the yard. Then the pop out from a bush or something. Get Jason to put some springs on your gates! Our need some too!

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 10:51 AM  

  • So good to know you found him! I'd be a wreck if Lola did that.

    Please visit us...

    www.lifewithlola.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    By Blogger Mrs.D, at 2:11 PM  

  • SO glad you found Oscar safe and sound. I think I would of had a heart attack!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 PM  

  • Yikes!That is scary. I don'tknow what I would do if I ever lost one of my Pugs....

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 5:13 PM  

  • That happened to us with Chichi and I went around the neighborhood for an hour CRYING asking anyone who was out if they saw a little pug...nobody saw her. She was back at home in the back yard. I think she wandered out the open gate and then came back in while we were looking for her. It was the most HORRIBLE feeling. Just recently the neighbors accidently put a hole in the fence with a piece of heavy equipment and it's BIG hole. Baxterman got out when my husband was not watching him but he had gone in our garage because the door was up. thank goodness. They are so quick to get away.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home