Life with Pugs

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Post #2:World's Cutest Pug

Okay, so I am a little biased. The past few days, Oscar has been jumping in bed with me after Jason goes to work. I love cuddling with him, and he just looks so stinkin' cute all wrapped up in the covers.

Here is a question for all of you dog lovers out there: how do you improve your dog's breath? Daisy has the WORST breath on the planet--we have tried brushing her teeth, but it doesn't seem to help. Part of the problem is her poop-eating habit, but even when she goes a while without eating any, her breath is super bad. Any suggestions? They would be much appreciated!

6 Comments:

  • We have the same issues in our house. I wish to cuddle and kiss with Paisley like Bandit, but with her poo eating habit, I just can't bring myself to the close kisses at least. You get an answer, let me know. She doesn't have bad breath from it though, just the sanitary issue. Maybe we could use those little Listerine things that melt in the mouth? That would help with both angles.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 AM  

  • I'm totally in the same boat. Our girls tend to have horrid breath - even when they haven't eaten poop! Someone told me once to put broken up certs (the mints) in their food and that will deter them from eating poop - but we tried it with Meimei and it didn't seem to do anything.

    I'll be sure to read the other comments to see if anyone has suggestions!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 PM  

  • Rawhide! Our vet suggested it when Kiki's breath turned all skunky. We bought the natural kind (no flavors) and both pugs love it. Plus- fresh breath!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • How 'bout you just get rid of the dog? No dog...no problem!

    By Blogger Tracy, at 5:35 PM  

  • I have no suggestions - but I can sympathize!

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 8:33 PM  

  • Leah,
    I can't find your e-mail address - will you e-mail me please? I'm FlatNosedPup@gmail.com
    We got the package from you - it was so sweet! I'd been especially weepy the last couple days, so it was so was wonderful to come home to such thoughful gift.

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home