Life with Pugs

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Weekend update

Ok... so I didn't get to writing yesterday like I promised, and almost missed today, but things have been kind of busy. I am spending any spare moment working on the furniture and hopefully it will all be done here in a couple of weeks assuming I don't have to work too much this next weekend. Questions? We are using a cherry stain on Aspen wood and then using a polyurethane finish.

As you can probably tell, we now have a little more than just a pile of dirt on our small section of land. The guys that were working on it were pretty funny. It seemed like they were having way too much fun out there and wanted to pose for some pictures. I wanted to say something to them, but I don't know if they spoke english. Also, we have a pile of wood out there with our address on it. I think there are 4 houses that have not been framed and I am betting ours will be the last one since we are the last one with the foundation. We are lot 16 out of 30 houses, I think, on our block. The progress they are making on the community is amazing. There is a whole new area they are starting work on right now across the street that, as of a few months ago, was just empty space.

Church today was pretty uneventful. Next week should be fun because we get to teach the middle school class. It really is not as scary as it sounds because they are GREAT kids and both of us really enjoy it.

I guess I should tell you guys what all that stuff on the right side is for. I am making this blog my new toy with all these add-ons.
-Tagboard- Small messages that anyone can post and see when they come to the site. The problem is that you can only type 200 characters. For more space, adding a comment is always fun for us to read!
-Google- Every good site has to have a search button.

I guess that's all for tonight. If you couldn't figure out the last post from Leah, Oscar is "smiling."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home