Life with Pugs

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Long day!

I was a little tired yesterday after working a long day for me. 6-9... not 3 hours. I don't know how some people do that all the time! So... with all this overtime, I have to keep reminding myself of why I am doing all this (See Picture). Isn't it beautiful? I know it doesn't look like much but if you go to the website under "Cool Links" and go to http://www.stapletondenver.com you will be able to see the house we are buying and the community.
The area is the old Denver Airport (Stapleton Airport) that is undergoing the largest urban redevelopment in the country. The overall community is 4700 acres and will include, besides neighborhoods, numerous parks, trails, bioscience center, shopping (Super Target, Walmart, Bass Pro Shop), movie theater and lots of community events. This is, they estimate, going to be about a 20 year project and they have been working on it for less than 5 years. We are really excited!

I guess I should mention last week. I don't have time to write about all the activities, but Vanessa, Leah's younger sister, was in town for a whole week! It was really nice to have her visit (hint) since we even have a spare bedroom and bathroom (hint hint). Last Saturday, we took a trip up to the mountains through Aspen (great drive!) and over Independence Pass which is 12,095 feet. This is high enough that I have heard stories of people running into snow in the middle of summer. Luckily, we didn't find any of that, but it still offered a great view. The picture didn't do it justice, but there are numerous 14000 foot peaks in the distance including Mt. Elbert which is the highest peak in Colorado.

She is gone now, so our siteseeing is over and the apartment is quiet. I better retire for the evening. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home