Life with Pugs

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Turkey Day!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


We had a great Thanksgiving! My parents and brother drove to Denver to spend the holiday with us. We missed my sister, who was unable to come, but we had a wonderful time together!

Dad carving the turkey

Our nicely set table. I found these white fall plates and cute fall napkins in the dollar section at Target!

Our beautiful centerpiece that Mom arranged

Ready to eat! During our meal, we went around the table and had everyone talk about what they are thankful for. Josh thought it was so cheesy, but I think it is important to remember what the holiday is truly about and not focus just on food.

Josh's annual turkey leg

After our meal

Daisy and Oscar even got lucky enough to get a bite of turkey

After we ate, we headed to the park to walk around and get some exercise. It was REALLY COLD this weekend, so we didn't stay long, but it was nice to get out and move around. Dad threw Josh down in the snow! He he

It was a wonderful holiday for us. I love being able to spend time with my family and can't wait to see them for Christmas! More pictures to come..........

6 Comments:

  • What a Wonderful Thanksgiving you all had together..I bet your Sister wishes she could of made it. It is really cold here too..to cold for us to want to go out for a walk...I remember last year Brad Mom had us all share what we are thankful for...He thought it was Cheesy too. although I was happy to hear I was what he was Thankful for...LOL

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 9:27 PM  

  • Hi there!
    I am glad that you all had such a nice thanksgiving. ours was surprisingly nice as well.
    My mother in law had us go around the table and say what we were thankful for. I really find being put on the spot like that uncomfortable, so I was thankful for my husband, scott, being so eloquent! it really took the presure off of me! whew!
    I really like the first picture that you have posted on this entry ( i am having a hard evening and it made me smile - so thank you!), is that a card that you received or one of the puggies?
    have a great sunday!
    Rachele J Beck
    (Jemima Jones Beck's Mom)

    By Blogger Jemima Jones Beck, at 11:43 PM  

  • It's so nice to spend the holidays with family . . . I am glad everyone and every pug had a chance to share the turkey!

    By Blogger Frances Louise, at 12:33 AM  

  • What a wonderful snowy Thanksgiving! And the pugs look happy to get that turkey treat!

    By Blogger Diane Irvine Armitage, at 11:32 AM  

  • WoW! You have snow! Very cool!

    By Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone, at 8:01 AM  

  • That's so nice that they were able to drive to Denver! Im sure you enjoyed hosting Thanksgiving and it looks like yall had a great time~

    By Blogger AM, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home