Life with Pugs

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Las Vegas Day #3

Okay, this is the last you will hear about our trip to Vegas. Saturday morning we got up relatively early (earlier than the day before) and had some breakfast in the hotel. After breakfast, we checked out and started our day. Jason, his mom, and I went up into the Eiffel Tower. Here is the view--it was pretty cool to see everything from up high.


The fountains of Bellagio from the Eiffel Tower


After leaving Paris, we headed to New York, New York and rode the roller coaster. It was fun but not scary at all. Probably not something we will do again, but it was fun once.


And Jason played the gigantic slot machine in New York, New York.


We enjoyed some New York-style pizza in New York, New York

We also spent some time on Fremont Street Saturday, which I completely forgot to take pictures of. We weren't able to go down there at night to see the laser show everyone raves about--next time!

We had lunch in the Hard Rock hotel. I wanted to eat lunch at Hard Rock Cafe, but we didn't realize where it was until we had already had lunch somewhere else. Again, next time!


Then we headed to the airport. We flew back home and found two VERY tired pugs. They stayed with their best friend Moxie and apparently played very, very hard. When we arrived to pick them up, they didn't even budge from where they were sitting. I guess they really missed us! I am so thankful we have wonderful friends who will take them when we go out of town. It puts my mind at ease!


So all in all, it was a very enjoyable trip. I really didn't think I would like Las Vegas, but I had a great time and look forward to going back. I love to people watch, and there were literally people there from all over the world. So I would definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't been!

6 Comments:

  • Your Las Vegas pictures are awesome. Glad you had a great time. We've never been there, but maybe some day.

    Pugsley, Buster, Cricket and Daisy Mae

    By Blogger Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy, at 5:34 PM  

  • Leah,
    I totally understand where you are coming from about Vegas. I had never been until about 2 years ago and it was so funny - I went 2 times in one year! Once with my hubby and family and then again with my work coworkers. I would love to go back....I don't think you could even remotely see everything you want to the first time.

    By Blogger Becky, at 7:41 PM  

  • I DEFINETLY want to go some day. One of those Must See Before I Die places I think. I love that view from up high of the fountain area.

    And NY style pizza.... MMMMMM... MUST HAVE PIZZA TONIGHT.

    By Blogger AM, at 7:56 AM  

  • He he, AM, you can have all the pizza you want now, because you are EATING FOR TWO! I still can't believe it--I am so happy for you!

    By Blogger Leah, at 8:00 AM  

  • Those slot machines made me laugh because they are so big! I'm glad you like to go try places to eat! The pugs do look so tired. It's fun to babysit other people's dogs and that doing that can put them at ease so they can enjoy their vacation.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 5:02 PM  

  • What a fantastic trip!! You packed so much in! We went there on our honeymoon and have been DYING to go back ever since. One day. I love that you went to In & Out and all the cool off strip hotels. Was the monorail running?

    By Blogger Shannon, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home