Life with Pugs

Monday, April 30, 2007

So Tired.....

Well, I am supposed to be at work right about now, but instead I have a dead battery. My wonderful husband is coming to save me, because we can't seem to get the number for State Farm's 24 hour emergency roadside assistance. Blah.

This feels kind of like the last straw in what has been a stressful April. Much of this stress was brought upon by myself, but it has still been stressful nonetheless. I have avoided blogging about it, probably because I don't want to think about it any more than I have to. There have been two BIG projects staring me in the face, but that is almost behind me. This coming Saturday, I have to take a BIG certification test for work that covers anything you could ever want to know about diabetes. Wouldn't be such a big deal, but it cost $350 which means I do not want to fail. But I also do not want to study, because it feels like it covers such a wide spectrum of information that I could never know it all, so I feel like giving up before I even start. So that is stressing me out. Then, on top of that, I was foolish enough to agree to organizing the food for our annual ladies' tea at church. The good news there is that it was this last Saturday, so at least it is behind me. When I was asked to do this job, I totally forgot about the test, then when I realized the two were only a week apart, I felt it was too late to back out, because I had already committed to it. It all worked out beautifully (I had LOTS of great help!), but it was still stressful to me organizing and planning it all. I actually like doing that kind of thing, but the two big projects combined have been overwhelming. So overwhelming that I had these mini-anxiety attacks where I was short of breath and had chest pain from time to time. That has never happened to me before, so it was a little freaky.

But at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. After the test this Saturday, I plan to go get a pedicure. What I really need is a massage AND a manicure AND a pedicure. But I will try to use some self-control. Maybe I should buy all three pairs of shoes after all!

Thanks for listening to my rant!

7 Comments:

  • thats what we're all here for :) ranting is amazing for the health :) i hope the test works out for you! i'm sure it will, ur a very smart woman & you'll pass with flying colours :) take time for you, have a bath, relax...i know what stress is like though, you just have to trust everything will be ok :) big huggs :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 AM  

  • I can TOTALLY relate to the overwhelming study thing. I do the same thing (that is, avoid studying at all costs because there is just too much information to cover). BUT, I'm sure you will do great with your test! Sometimes the anticipation of something is so much worse than the event. I think you'll do awesome!

    By Blogger Page, at 9:26 AM  

  • I'm right there with you too! Sometimes when I have several major projects all at once I get so overwhelmed that I just can't think where to begin.

    I hope you do really well on your test!!

    By Blogger Mrs.D, at 11:28 AM  

  • Rant away! We're here to listen (read). Keep studying, I'm sure you'll so just fine on your test. Good luck to you :)

    By Blogger Christine & Giggs, at 10:50 PM  

  • I understand that anxiety feeling. That kind of testing is tough and it's such a relief to get it behind you. Good luck!

    By Blogger Sandy, at 3:42 AM  

  • Hope things go well for you ... just a point of information - State Farm does not have a 24 hour emergency road service number or program. The Emergency Road Service coverage (if you purchased it) is a reimbursement program that will pay for your roadside servie when you give the bill to your agent.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 PM  

  • Anonymous--the last time we had a roadside emergency, we called the number for our State Farm agent. It was a Saturday after hours, but the voicemail forwarded us to their roadside assistance program, who gave us the telephone numbers of local tow truck companies in our area.

    By Blogger Leah, at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home