Life with Pugs

Friday, February 09, 2007

Still Winter Here

The past two mornings have been foggy and cold, so the moisture in the air has been freezing on the grass and trees. Yesterday, the trees in our yard had really cool ice formations on them, so I tried to snap some photos. I haven't yet mastered the art of the macro setting, but here are some of the pictures I took. Any suggestions on macro photography would be greatly appreciated!



Hope everyone has a warm and safe weekend, especially our friends in the Northeast who are getting pounded by winter!

3 Comments:

  • Leah!!! I love the detail you have captured here!

    You read my Blog, so you know that I truly appreciate photography -- and I love these photos.

    Would you consider sending me some copies?

    Perhaps we can trade...

    By Blogger gayle, at 6:56 PM  

  • With my camera, if you push the shutter button halfway down it focuses a lot sharper than if you just snap the picture right away. Brace yourself so that you're completely still when you snap the picture.

    P.S. The book is on the way - when I got yours I realized mine was still sitting on my desk!

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 11:41 AM  

  • Macro is used best with a stand. if you don't have one rest the camera on something solid, or take a breath in a blow half out and freeze while you take it. Those photos are beautiful though don't be so hard on yourself! And I totally understand the whole needing to vent thing. Last week was one of those for me!

    By Blogger Olivia, at 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home