Life with Pugs

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another Book: "Pug Hill"

Have any of you read this book? It is another one I received for Christmas, and I really liked it (of course, I really like anything that is pug!). It was an easy read and a cute story, light with a happy ending. I would definitely recommend it to you pug lovers out there! Please let me know if you would like to borrow it. Cute one had a great idea--if anyone wants to borrow it, they can do so and write their name inside and then pass it to the next person. That way we can see who all reads it by the time it gets around!
This weekend has been fairly uneventful. Jason is still sick, so we have mostly been hanging around the house. We did get to the mall last night and found some good deals. Yesterday afternoon I finally cleaned bathrooms (yuck!) and picked up our messes that tend to accumulate during the week. I keep threatening to hire a house-cleaner but we'll see. I just hate working all week and then spending all our free time on the weekends cleaning, but I also hate living in dirt. It's my mom's fault, she is a clean freak! What do you guys do as far as house cleaning?
I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for your words of encouragement regarding the disgruntled patients. You guys are the best!

8 Comments:

  • I have been looking into someone coming in and cleaning too - because I hate working all week and then having to deal with the cleaning. We used to be good - clean the house top to bottom every two weeks, but now we falter and it bugs me because I like things neat and clean too. I just don't know if I can jusify the expense though...(I hate cleaning the bathrooms too!)

    Glad the book was good and you had a nice weekend!

    By Blogger Manda Girl, at 9:41 AM  

  • I picked up that book mainly because it had pictures of pugs on the cover but after reading the first few chapters am absolutely hooked! Its a great read.:)
    I know what you mean about housecleaning..its hard to work up the motivation after work to fight dust bunnies and wash dishes. My current strategy has been to make a cd of 'fun, light hearted music' to listen to while I clean. Makes it more fun.:)

    By Blogger Silverstar, at 11:09 AM  

  • I try to keep things cleaned each day, so I don't have to spend an entire weekend day doing it. It's especially needed due to FOUR Pugs!

    Yep, I picked up that book because of the title and Pugs too..sweet ending!!!! I think I'll make a road trip to Pug Hill!

    By Blogger Punchbugpug, at 2:32 PM  

  • I try to keep things picked up during the week and do a good cleaning on the weekends. I made a deal with my husband, if he cleans the bathrooms I'll clean the rest. It has worked out good for me so far, he cleans the bathrooms and helps me when he is done. (although sometimes I do have to go behind him because it isn't clean the way I like it) I am too picky. But I would love to be able to hire someone.

    By Blogger Chandra, at 3:28 PM  

  • I do a little or a lot each day..I always try wipe the bathroom sinks and counters down, I am a compulsive vacuumer so I vac at least 3 times a day or more... I am always picking up wiping down here..my girls have chores too...they have a list they need to follow...( they slack off quite a bit) My youngest does the dusting on the weekends while my oldest loads and unloads the dishwasher.. we all do our part here... Brad takes care of the trash and yard stuff even though alot of the slacking off makes more work for me....And I always wash our bedding on the weekends.... out of all of us..I think the pugs make the most mess...pug fur galore! they make a mess with their food..kibble all over the floor near their food dishes, and pug toys and chew bones scattered all over the house..with an accionasial pee or poo on the floor! but they are Worth the messes they make!

    By Blogger ♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥, at 8:23 PM  

  • I would love to borrow that book and I think a book exchange sounds like a great idea. Have you read Clara, the Early Years, by Margo Kauffman? It is the BEST pug related book as far as I am concerned. Do you ever read Mary Higgins Clark? Cause I have tons of her books I could loan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:16 PM  

  • Leah, that book looks great!

    I would love to read it and than send it along to the next person :o) What a great idea :o)

    By Blogger .:*PugLove*:., at 5:24 AM  

  • I'll have to go get Pug Hill.

    Hope Jason is well on the mend.

    I say hire the housekeeper, I would if I could.

    By Blogger Paula, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home