Life with Pugs

Thursday, January 11, 2007

"Redeeming Love"

Have any of you read this book? I received a copy as a Christmas gift and finished it last night--it is SO good!

It is Christian fiction and is based on the story of Hosea and his prostitute wife, Gomer. I had a hard time getting into it (it is a bit graphic and disturbing--it says inside that it is rated PG-13), but once I really got into it, I couldn't put it down. I read it when I came home from work until I went to bed, and several days I got up early and read in the morning before getting ready for work! I really loved it and recommend it. I would be happy to share my copy with you, so let me know if you are interested! It is a good reminder of God's never-ending love for us. Good stuff!

5 Comments:

  • I don't usually like Francine Rivers stuff, but I did really like this one.

    By Blogger ann, at 9:09 PM  

  • Julie from Little Rock,Arkansas...this is one of my favorite books. I loved it! It encouraged me to read the book of Hosea as well. Just checked in on the blog for the first time this year. Remember I was asking the in and outs of Pugs since we are shopping for a puppy..well since my boys (9 & 5) know we won't get a pug they gave me a little stuffed one for Christmas.
    Happy New Year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 PM  

  • you got up EARLY to read it? That must be a SUUUPER book

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 9:21 PM  

  • I am going to put that on my reading list! Don't send me your copy...give it to someone that might ask you for it. I have so many to read waiting on me now...but it's nice to know of a Christian author.

    HOw about some pictures of all the snow out there? I hear you all are getting more!

    By Blogger Sandy, at 10:26 PM  

  • that sounds like an interesting book. just an idea, what if you were to mail it to someone who wanted to read it, have them sign the inside of it with who/where/date & then they mail it to the next person on your list (firstly compile a list of who/address/etc. to send with the book & each person crosses their name off as they read & mail it) & so on & by the time you get it back, it'll have travelled around. just a thought. i'll have to look into getting a copy of that, i've never read from a christian author before, sounds intriguing :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home