Life with Pugs

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful and blessed Thankgiving! We had a really, really good day. Jason worked this morning, but this afternoon, we went over to some friends' house from church to share a Thanksgiving meal. And boy did we eat--it was so, so good! We had all of the "traditional" Thanksgiving items--turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potatoes AND sweet potato cassarole (my favorite!), rolls, cranberry stuff--all the works! And pumpkin pie for dessert, of course! I feel like a stuffed pig, but it was sooo yummy I could not stop eating!
And we have leftovers to enjoy tomorrow!


When we sat down at the table, before we started our meal, we went around the table and shared what we are thankful for and then said a chain prayer. It was very, very special and a wonderful time to pause and remember what the holiday is really all about. All too often I get caught up in the food, but Thanksgiving is really all about what we are thankful for and about being with those whom we love and are special to us. I think I will make my family do that every year, to make the holiday even more meaningful!

After dinner and clean-up, we played a game of cards and then headed home. I am so thankful for wonderful Christian friends who are generous enough to share their home and holiday with us when we are far from home and unable to be with family.

Tomorrow, we will start our Christmas decorating. Hooray!

2 Comments:

  • I missed the Frenchie on the dog show - and they didn't even show the pug! Unless his part was about two seconds long and I missed it. We were very insulted!
    I'm so glad ya'll have wonderful church people. When I first came down here (when Alan was still in school at ACU) I stayed for two weeks with a retired couple from our church while I house-hunted. It was such a good way to start the move.

    By Blogger Kara (Turskey) Vaught, at 2:22 PM  

  • OH, I love your decorations in the first picture. YOur Thanksgiving sounds so wonderful.

    By Blogger Sandy, at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home