Life with Pugs

Monday, February 27, 2006

Fun Weekend!

Greetings all!

Well, it seems like our life has not been too terribly exciting lately, so there hasn't been much to blog about. I did turn the big 25, so now I am a quarter of a century old. My mom told me that I am getting old, to which I replied, "If I am getting old, you are getting old Mom!" I had a great birthday with lots of love and well-wishes from friends and family!

This weekend was fun. We took off again Friday and spent the day skiing. It was a super beautiful day, and I forgot my sunscreen, so now I have a nice goggle-shaped sunburn on my face. But it was well worth it! Jason didn't enjoy it as much as last time--his special-needs feet were giving him trouble--but I had a lot of fun. I think I will ditch being a dietitian and become a ski bum instead. It is far more fun, and I would be in much better shape!

Saturday we donated blood. Sounds good, but we really had ulterior motives. They gave away $3 Starbucks gift cards to everyone who donated, as well as coupons for Cold Stone Creamery (YUM!) so we sacrificed half an hour and some blood. It was painless and easy, and we had fun treats afterward! I did decide tonight, though, that the Cold Stone habit has to stop. I looked at their nutrition facts on the webiste--SCARY! So it might need to be a once-a-month treat! Saturday night we went to dinner at The Fresh Fish Company. We had heard wonderful things about it, and I was hungry for seafood. As Jason put it before we even received our food, we were setting ourselves up for failure. After eating fresh crab in Seattle, nothing compares. But all in all, it was okay!

Sunday, Daisy and Oscar received a visit from their best pug friend, Moxie. She is a pug that lived in the same apartment complex that we did. She is a few months younger than Daisy, and they are the best of friends. It is craziness when they get together, but so much fun!

All in all, a good weekend. But I think I need a housekeeper and laundry-doer--how do you people with kids stay caught up?!

1 Comments:

  • Yay for donating blood! I just wrote a blog on that recently. I'm sure it will be put to good use!

    I've been looking through my Brazil pictures, Leah, and I miss it so much! We had such a great time!

    By Blogger ann, at 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home