Life with Pugs

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Our Christmas trip recap: Friday and Saturday


Last Friday, Jason and I got off work early and left Denver around 4:00 to head to Texas. It was snowing in Denver, but the roads were fine. We drove through southeast Colorado, the panhandle of Oklahoma, into the panhandle of Texas, where we stopped in Dumas for the night. The roads were fine, but the blowing snow made it pretty hard to see the road.
We got up Saturday to what looked like a blizzard outside. It was only snowing lightly, but the winds in the pandhandle of Texas are horrible! I went outside to load up with wet hair in a ponytail, and the tip of my hair froze! We hit the road (after a few breakfast fiascos) and found what looked like a sheet of ice on the highway. Thankfully, Jason is an excellent driver in ice and snow and God was protecting us, because we made it through without any trouble. Later we heard there was a 50 car pile-up in Amarillo on the very highway we were on. And my poor sister--she drove in from Kansas and hit lots of bad weather. What is normally a 7 hour trip turned into 12 hours, and she was by herself. Poor Nessa!
We made it in around 3:00 to cold but no snow. My parents live on about 6 acres, and the pugs love running around the yard. Everytime we turned around, Daisy was waiting at the front door to go out. Saturday night, we had dinner and gift exchanges with some longtime family friends and one of my best friends from childhood. It was great to see them!

Many more pictures to come!

1 Comments:

  • What fun we had! It's kinda lonely without you guys and my grand-dogs. Josh and I did watch my new HP movie last night though!
    Hugs to you all!! Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home